Saturday, December 29, 2007

Good Times


As much as the worries surrounding the uncertainty of a looming job future for my husband and the winter blahs that have hit Ohio pretty hard I still think that I am having one of the best times of my life right now. It's a great time mostly in part because everyone is home right now! Andrew and Lyndsay are home from Minneapolis, Evan is home from Bahrain, Kyle is home from Pittsburgh...we are just basking in the good times until everyone has to get back to the things that drive their everyday lives. I am in the cafe right now sitting at the new stainless steel tables waiting for applications and I'm thinking about when I left the house this morning. Sam was outside diligently preparing the wood supply for our house so that we can stay warm this winter. Evan came out to help and all I could hear was their dueling chainsaws outside. I am so glad that Sam has someone out there to help take the burden off of him in cutting and stacking all that wood and I am even more glad that Evan is actually in my front yard after being away for a whole year and he's sharing his time with my family. Right before I left to go to the cafe Evan was cutting down a big branch that is eventually going to come off the big sugar maple that we have in our front yard. He had to lift the chainsaw over his head to reach the branch and I watched the sawdust cover his whole head as it coated his bright red hair and in his eyes and all over his face. He put down the chainsaw to wipe out his eyes and the whole time he was smiling and laughing. I was so glad to see that! It's my hope that for all of us that are taking a little hiatus from the normal daily things that we do that it would be filled with fun and love and that it would re energize each and every one to bring us back to what we normally do with a new vision and energy and bring us all back together safely the next time around.

5 comments:

Sam said...

As I sit here thinking about this morning, I am within eyesight and ear length away from the very friends Ell posted about. And I truly am happy to be here in this moment. Yes, I have some heavy stuff on my mind right now, but being with these people and reading my wife's perfect words, there are tears in my eyes. I love these people and I'm enjoying this short time I have with them. Thank you for posting this Ell.

HennHouse said...

What a beautiful image of a beautiful community! You are generous to share it...

Kyle said...

I'm so glad we all got to hang out these last few weeks. It kinda reassures me that just because we run off to different places, doesn't mean its goodbye forever. Good times for sure, and hopefully many more to come.

Andrew said...

thanks for the post, It was great to have a break and even better to share it with my friends. May this adventure continue

3rd string's finest said...

I still have sawdust in my ears.....not really. Thanks for posting that, cuz. I cannot wait until the next time we all can be together again. This past month was probably the most fun I have ever had.