Friday, September 21, 2012

Preparing for the next step

I always seem to be preparing for something. This past week, as well as the next  couple weeks, will be spent on a special no iodine diet and all medications dropped and out of my system. It hasn't been difficult at all yet. I pretty much have to make everything from scratch to eat, and the fact that I cannot eat any cheese makes me frown is only a minor thing. I never realized that practically everything has salt in it. Cereals, packaged meats, canned anything, some frozen veggies, marshmallows...everything. I love the fact that I live so close to some amazing farmers markets and healthier alternative grocery stores (Trader Joes and Central Market are less than 10 minutes from me). So getting fresh, whole foods hasn't been difficult. My kitchen is stocked up with food, I just have to make it. My energy has dramatically dropped in the 4 days of this diet already, so I am concerned how it will be in a couple weeks when I will be void of all medication or iodine in my body. I work in the evenings 4-5 days a week and I think the rest of the time will be spent resting and saving up energy for that. The Winery I work at is having their 3 year anniversary on Tuesday and I will be there most of the day to help prepare and then work the crazy celebration. In a couple weeks I will be confined to my apartment in isolation from anyone for 7 days to drain the radiation from my body and not make anyone else radioactive. I am looking forward to it in a way. Soaking in the bath a couple times a day to draw toxins out of me. Resting and catching up on reading and writing letters to people that deserve more of my attention than I give them, among other things. After that, the next step.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love You!