Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Laughing Fool

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. – W. H. Auden

I love a great quote. They can conjure up a million emotions in one sentence. I think that this one is one of my favorite quotes of all times. I really thing that laughing is the common ground that we all hold, and I wish that we all could laugh with others more than we are given the chance to each day. I think of all of the great friends that I have that inspire me each day when I look at this quote. I thought that I would just write a little about the things they do or instances that they have left me laughing so much that I just couldn't help but love them. You know what I'm sayin' ?

Sam-He knows how much I enjoy laughing and he always attempts to make me laugh, whether it is a genuine laugh or a I feel bad at his pathetic attempt, I always have something to laugh with Sam with.
Brad-Totally makes me laugh all the time! He is so random in his thinking and what he finds enjoyable. We can laugh thru a airsoft game where I shoot his chin over a van from 20 feet away, or sitting around talking about nothing. Thats right beef broth ninja star!
Lyndsay-Acts like a serious ghetto girl in a small town setting! She can make the best comments in a conversation that just drives the entire group of people she is with to their knees laughing.
Kyle-He's got the craziest dancing feet and the best moves I ever saw on the dancing floor. It cracks me up!
Andrew-Wild and crazy boy! Is up for anything at all times, at least when he isn't hopped up on the allergy medicine and zonked on the couch. Just play some Rage Against the Machine and watch him go! I'm his Byotch!
Arin-This girl sends me the craziest text messages, normally at about 6am everyday. She sends me quotes, cusses me out, tries to get me to send the message to 10 other people or best of all sends me pictures of manure. Whatever it is it always makes me laugh!
Theresa-I work with Theresa at 3am on Wednesdays and Thursdays. She keeps me awake as we talk about crappy love songs, pooping or whatever topic the morning may bring up. And no Chlamydia and Gonorrea are not flowers. We've established that.
Evan-Even though he is in Bahrain right now he still can make me laugh out loud at what he writes in his blog, or whenever I get to talk to him on the phone with 10 second relays as we wait to hear each other.
Candy-She keeps my sanity at work. If ever I had a real sister I think that she would be the one. We can yell at each other and hug each other in the same conversation. We throw food at each other all day and we have dance dance revolutions every Saturday at work as we listen to yucky 80's music all day.
There are so many others that make me laugh each day I could write pages and pages about them. Maybe I will for my next blog because I will still be thinking about it for awhile. Write me about why you love people. I'd love to hear your comments. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Sam said...

Cool list. Hey, I made it at the top. Saaaa-wheeeet. I'm glad I can still make you laugh, and I hope to do so for as long as we have each other on this earth.

lyndsay said...

wait whose that sam guy your talking about? i thought you man was named demetris? Oh shitto i think i just let the cat out of the bag.
Anywho i love you Laura, and you make me laugh so hard whether it's drunken summersaults( i really messed up that word), or your old man voice or your julia child's voice rather, i love ya girl!

Kyle said...

we do have some fun and funny friends.