Thursday, December 28, 2006

What's the Topic?



So I went into this cool store in the mall today. I haven’t been in the mall for what seems like ages. It’s been at least a year and I think that the last time I was in there I was on a mission for something that I knew I needed. So, no, I haven’t been in the mall to just walk around and check everything out in forever. Honesty I really don’t like shopping. Goodwill is more my type of shopping center. Anyways, my hubby got me a t-shirt at a store called Hot Topic in the mall. He thought that I liked the band on the shirt and he got it for me for Christmas. When he gave it to me he asked if I had ever heard their music, I can’t recall ever knowing if it was them if I had heard them. So, I decided to return it and get something different. Before I went I asked my friend where Hot Topic was in the mall and she told me. But then she decided to tell me that it was a Goth store and that it was a dark atmosphere in there, she kind of implied that it maybe wasn’t the kind of store where I would find anything good to buy. Well I took the shirt back and there were so many things that I would like to buy in that store. The clothes were all pretty cool and more the style that I like to wear than in most of the other stores I buy clothes at. I could have spent a good amount of money in there and the music was cool and the people working there were really nice. To make a long story shorter, I really dig that store. I guess that I have realized that sometimes I am in to a lot of different things that throw the whole normal viewpoint off of whack. I don’t like to be normal or common, I enjoy finding new and creative things that intrigue me and stretch my horizon. I think that when people get older they tend to stick to the same old thing. They find comfort in the rituals of life and they often get stuck in a trap of contentment. I do enjoy a nice ritual here and there, but for the majority of my time I find ritual just makes me bored and restless. I really never wanted to be like everyone else and I am sure that most people probably feel that way in some capacity. I think that I am a little more on the extreme of being unusual, wouldn’t you agree? ;) My whole point is that I find comfort and energy in enjoying myself and finding things that make me happy, whether it is new or old and I hope that I will always pursue things that stretch me and increase my horizons.

No comments: