Monday, January 08, 2007

Fall Down Go Boom, Pt. 2

I think that I must be a faller. I was thinking about all of the times that I fell down last year. I can remember several actually but the best 3 are at least memorable enough to write about. During the summertime all of our buddies and myself were eating late at the Steel Trolley in Lisbon, after we ate we went outside and for some reason I was spinning around the lightpole at the corner of the street. Somehow I slipped and landed on my back on the road with cars swirling around my head. Sam came running and helped me up because I was laughing so hard I couldn't get up.
This winter Sam and I were wrestling in church again after our friends band Keep It Up was practicing. And I charged him and he jumped to the side just like a toro getting away from a bull, and I landed square on the floor and broke a huge blood vessel in my knee.
But the best one was this summer when we were hanging out with our friends at our home having a barbeque. It had been raining and I was wearing slippery shoes and our wooden deck gets slick when it is wet. I took one step off of the porch and I started falling and couldn't catch myself. My friends watched as I fell off of the deck and landed square in the azalea bush on my butt again, but not before scraping my shin off of the deck and leaving a huge rock that is still in my shin. All I could do was laugh again as Sam helped me get out of the bush. I'm glad that I laugh instead of cry.

4 comments:

Sam said...

It's not even that you're a clutz or anything, those were all legitimate falls that could have happened to anyone. But they don't...they happen to you. And the worst part is, you usually get hurt somehow. I'm really gonna have to watch you we get old!!!

lyndsay said...

Wow laura i was at every single one of those falls. that's amazing. But i will tell you my greatest fall....When i fell for you!!!
OK that was extremely cheesy but hey thats how i roll son!!

Mother Jones RN said...

Ouch! Be careful.

MJ

Andrew said...

You might wana get that rock removed.