Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thrills and Chills


It seemed that everyone had a nice fall at Hocking Hills this past weekend. You can read about Brads scary fall at his blog, thank goodness I didn't see it. I am terrified to watch people fall. Don't know why, I guess that I really hate to see people get hurt. I guess thats why I am going into nursing; to be able to take care of those people that need help. Anyway, I'm side tracking...so I was the first to fall on the trip(it doesn' t matter so much when I get hurt, I normally just laugh in the face of pain), I probably had the stupidest fall too. All of the stairs in the cabin were painted slick wood, yeah you see where I'm going with this? I was in my socks and heading to the bedroom to change for the hot tub. I took one step on the top of the stairs and my foot slipped out in front of me. I bumped all the way down the stairs on my hip and landed at the foot of the stairs, cause I couldn't stop myself from sledding right down them darn stairs. I broke open a large burn wound from work and my ankle somehow got caught under me so it hurt for awhile. The worst hurt was my hip. About 2 minutes later I started to develop a huge bruise on my hip. By the next day it was a 3 inch circle and deep black. I ended up showing it to everyone a couple nights later; SORRY if anyone caught a glimpse of my behind too, but you know you liked it;) The crazy thing was that Sam fell that same night on the upstairs steps on his way down from the hot tub. Like a wet dolphin if I ever saw one. Actually, I almost got caught in his wake because I was going down the stairs in front of him, I had just told him to be really careful going down the steps because they were wet. His feet didn't listen very well though. Moral to this story and note to anyone trying to catch people falling down steps: it doesn't work, just move out of the way and let nature run its course.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Ya that scared the poop out of me when sam fell. I thought for sure he broke his hip.

Sam said...

I'm too tough to break anything! :-)

lyndsay said...

neeehheeee okay that was suppose to be the dolphin sound. haha i love this post it's really funny. And thanks for the comment on my latest blog it's good to have you as such an awesome friend! now i want to take philosophy haha and oh yeah i never fell the whole time i'm fugging bombing!!

3rd string's finest said...

You painted a pretty good picture, cuz! Love you and miss you. Hope to see you soon.