Thursday, October 19, 2006

Alive To Tell the Story

Can you believe it? My day ended up with a sort of perfect justice of exactly how crappy it really was after the aforementioned Theatre exam(if you haven't already, read my last post, I kind of posted twice in a short time span). I had just finished my other college class, got into my car, turned it on... you know the old bit. Anyways, I was pulling out of the parking lot onto the main road that leads to home and low and behold, one of my classmates from my other class was behind me in line and he ran into me! Apparently he thought that I was going to pull out in front of the person barreling down the road in the lane I needed to turn in to. So, he wasn't paying any attention to me and he started to go. Next thing I know I feel a lurch forward and hear metal hitting metal, or maybe that was plastic hitting plastic. I look into my rearview mirror and see him covering his face with his hands in shock that he just hit me from behind. We both get out of our cars and see that nothing major happened to either car. His car was actually worse than mine, a crack in the plastic fender and some scrapes. My car took it like a man and had a little blue paint on the fender. We both decided that we were fine and that we could go on our merry way and that was the end of it. I kind of forgot to tell my husband the first 1/2 hour we were together when I got home and I remembered as we were hugging in the kitchen. Something triggered it and I said, " Oh, by the way I was in an accident today!" Well he kind of flipped out on me for not telling him as soon as I walked in the door. But when he realized that no damage was really done then he was ok with it. And I'm alive to tell the story!

No comments: