Thursday, October 12, 2006

Winter Creeps In

Are we ever ready for winter? This year I am more than especially not. This year winters approach just seems different, I feel like the summer went by too fast and the time I was able to be outside was not enough. To think that we have to bear down for another long winter already fills me with depressing thoughts. Although I do like many things about winter, I mainly just can't stand being cold anymore. In my ripe old age of 29 I hate to get up in the morning out of my warm covers, I hate to come home to a cold house and start a fire that will warm the house slowly till, when it's time for bed, I am warm and toasty. I know that my sweet husband has already started saying "Have I mentioned that I can't stand winter?" which I will invariably hear everyday for the next several months until we see some green grass and warm days again and I think that drives me more crazy than anything!

"Strange we never prize the music till the sweet-voiced bird has flown; strange that we should slight the violets till the lovely flowers are gone; strange that summer skies and sunshine never seem one half so fair as when winter's snowy pinions shake their white down in the air!"
-Mary Riley Smith

2 comments:

Brad B... said...

hey i hate winter too... the bad thing is that we live in ohio where it snows all winter... the worse thing is that in less than a year i am moving to MN where it snows longer, harder and deeper... that is kind of ironic huh?... oh well... by the way i like this picture... nice.

Mother Jones RN said...

Hi:

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry I haven't written soon, but I've been putting in a lot time at the hospital.

I hate winter. I grew up in Iowa and we always had snow up to our butts. I love your blog, and I'm adding you to my blogroll.

MJ