Sunday, November 26, 2006

Good times around here


I've been so busy lately, planning trips, meeting my new niece for the first time, trying to fit in study time for the looming college finals that are coming up in a couple weeks, getting through Thanksgiving at the Dutch(where I work), and overall nonsense. Crazy! Anyways, I have lots to write about, but actually the first thing I want to tell, one of the funniest things that happened to me, was Thanksgiving day at my Grandparents. I can always go there and expect some really blunt comments from my blunt Grandma(whats a grandma to do?), or maybe she will say some things that she really doesn't know the meaning of in this sophisticated new fangled society. Really, I always expect a comment that is so random that it cracks me up without her even knowing what she just said.

To start the story off, I work in a bakery. Thanksgiving is the biggest week of the year for me, I work myself up for this week, physically and mentally for everything we have to do because it is the most intense time of the year for all of us. This thanksgiving was no different for me, I worked come crazy freakin' hours and was overall in a craze from monday to wednesday before Thanksgiving. I worked 25 hours in 2 days and all that jazz. It was a wild time. So there goes...

Anyways, I got to my grandparents house after dinner Thanksgiving day, I sat down with everyone in the living room, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. As soon as I sat down my grandma asks, "So... did you get over your pie making orgy?" I first couldn't really say anything or else I would have bust up laughing. I just brushed it off and answered that, yeah I was all recuperated from the week and that everything went ok. I look around and everyone in the room is covering their mouths laughing and tears are in everyones eyes. It was a classic moment. She had no idea what she had said or what everyone was laughing at. I felt bad, but I think it was best that she didn't find out what an "orgy" was. Later that evening my uncle asked her if she knew what an "orgy" was and she said that yeah she did, that it was some sort of party. We just agreed with her and left her to her merry way. Cherry pie takes on a whole new meaning in Grandmas world.

1 comment:

Mother Jones RN said...

What a sweet grandma. Do you think you can slip a piece of that cherry pie in an envelope and mail it to me?

MJ