Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Wedding is Over.
















I got the chance to decorate my cousin Shane and his new wife Jens wedding cake this weekend. Jen found a great picture of an abstract wedding cake that she found on the internet. It was iced with fondant, which is a gumpaste icing that kind of molds onto a cake, its kinda like fruit roll-ups that you onto the cake without icing the thing. I don't mess with that stuff, its hard to work with and it doesn't taste that good. It's more meant for decoration and not eating. So my mom and I went to the church the night before the wedding with all of the stuff we needed for the cakes and decorating. We got there and the kitchen didn't feel air-conditioned at all. So the icing was really soft and I had a hard time getting it to keep its shape, finally I got it where I wanted it and I decorated the cake while my mom iced up 5 sheet cakes with cream cheese. Everything turned out really cool, Jen didn't want flowers or anything fru-fru on her cakes. I didn't get to take a picture of the cake when it was all set up but here are some of the ones right after they were decorated. I've decorated a lot of cakes and this one was lots of fun.

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

That is a really sweet looking cake. Great job!

And now I want cake.

Mother Jones RN said...

Yummy cake.

MJ

Andrew said...

Looks great, thanks for putting up a picture

3rd string's finest said...

that is one sweet-a cake if I may say so. Does one have to get married to get a cake like that? Cause I'd hate to get hitched just to get a once-in-a-lifetime cake but I will if I have to. Do you make divorce cakes too? Is there such thing as a divorce cake?

lyndsay said...

woow that looks really cool i like that abstract idea you did amazing