Sunday, July 08, 2007

Yard Sailing

We are having a porch sale today. Right now there is a lag in the people visiting so I have a few minutes to get some thoughts on the computer that I haven't been able to do for awhile. Sorry to everyone who looks to see if I've posted everyday! I am sitting at my grandpa's computer right now. He's laying on the couch next to me snoring away; he's been asleep now for the past hour at least. His snore is pretty sleep inducing. NOT! Sunday afternoon naps are the best, especially when you are the one sleeping and not staying awake so that you can make money at a yard sale. My brother Luke is waiting for me to get off the computer so that he can IM all his friends and get on myspace. Dirty Jobs is on in the background and they are at a catfish farm trying to catch and gut them. Yuck. Mom and Sam are out on the porch in the hot day. Overall its a pretty good day. I feel like something is missing though. I guess that I will feel like that for awhile now that some of my best friends, Andrew and Lyndsay left for Minneapolis last Thursday. It was really great to see them start new lives and begin college and living on their own, but it was super sad at the same time to know that our friendships will now be long distance. Our routines of each week for the past year at least will have to go through some major revamping because we always had our Thursday & Friday nites and Sunday's where we were with them most all the time. I will miss them, I'm sure they will miss us, but we will all get used to the idea one of these days and continue to be close friends with our new routines however they may turn out.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

i didn't know you guys had a yard sale...

Andrew said...

Yard Sale, Thanks for telling me. I totally would've come back to purchase a lunch box or something. Love you guys and miss you so much.

lyndsay said...

kyle..i just laughed for like an hour at your comment.
Ldog... it sounds like an eventful afternoon, grandpa sounds interesting actually hilarious i woulda cuddled right up behind him and spooned the afternoon away..love you girly i couldn't help but notice we moved out on a weekend the days we spend the most time together!! what were we thinking?? haha