Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lost and Found!


About 2 weeks ago I lost my flash drive for transferring stuff between all the computers I use. I use the thing ALL the time between Kent's computer labs, my laptop, work information and my computer at home. I store everything on there and I go between all of the aforementioned computers and load or store stuff on them with this amazing invention. I totally felt naked when I lost it. It nagged on my mind. You know when you go without something that you have with you all the time, a wedding ring, cell phone, glasses, wallet, and you just feel out of place the entire time that you are away from it? Well that's how I felt. I looked everywhere that I last remembered seeing it. Under the couch, in the computer lab, in the laptop storage bag, pants, coats, my purse, etc.-you get the drift. I really hate that feeling and I knew that there was some pretty important information on there, I just hoped that someone wasn't going to steal my identity or worse, all of the recipe's for the new cafe!(Of course all of that information is on my computer too). I just thought that I had lost it and I was finally getting resigned to it being lost and having to find out another way to work around it. Well, we went to Cleveland on Saturday for the big Ohio State vs. Michigan game and we went out to eat after with some friends. When we were saying goodbye to our friends after dinner I remembered that I had some pictures for them that we took awhile ago and it was in my laptop bag. I reached into the side pocket and the inside light of the car was shining in to the pocket and low and behold there was my lost flash drive! I think that they may have thought I lost my mind when I saw it because I started yelling and dancing around like a real idiot but now I feel whole again.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

That's awesome. Glad you got your life back in order... but what the heck does that picture have to do with your flash drive?

Andrew said...

I hate losing stuff...makes me feel like I am going crazy

Laura said...

That picture represents how I felt when I lost my flashdrive, like a human cat that just got out of the water....because cats hate water and all that...actually I just really thought the picture was creepy and disturbed and I wanted to put it up with a post sometime and this seemed like a good one to use:)

3rd string's finest said...

Glad you found it. I hate losing my stuff. I feel irresponsible.
bye the way, I heard that they are making a 1 terabyte flash drive. They are using bug protien to store the information on it. Wierd.

lyndsay said...

Thats it? thats the end? that was a lame ending laura sorry but man but i love how you connected the picture hahahahha i think i just peed a little