Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Warming Foods

The Encore Cafe is coming along fast now, I met with one of the main food brokers that we will be working with to get in deliveries today. We talked for 2 hours about different recipes and items that I want to use that will give us the best cost and quality for what we will be making. Thats pretty much where the progression of things are now; finishing touches. The equipment is in now, the main stuff at least. Ovens, display cases, sinks and refrigerators are starting to make the cafe look like a real one! I can see it all coming together!
What I really am looking forward to is finally starting to make recipes. I have been "off" of work for 3 months now; mainly what I am doing is all of the leg work to get the cafe started, I miss physically working with food. I find that I extremely miss getting my hands and apron dirty while making recipes. I love that I get to develop recipes and work the whole start to finish end of getting the cafe set up, but I really got into this new job for the prospects of doing something new, exciting and challenging at the same time. I was bored with my old job, even though I loved it, but I wanted to have more freedom, so when this venture fell into my lap I gladly took it.
So when this thang finally opens up I am going to be there constantly, you might see me running around with flour all over me, a huge honkin' coffee buzz and spoons in hand but I will have a smile on my face!

12 comments:

HennHouse said...

I can't wait! Please keep us posted and let us know when the cafe is going to open!

Kimmy said...

I love that Cookie Monster pic;-)

3rd string's finest said...

I think we are going to have some great times chillin in the new hang out spot!

Sam said...

Geez you get comments fast. It's like you post and right away there 3 or 4 comments.

People, you have no idea what it's like to live in a house with a lady who's used to working 50-60 hour weeks, and is only getting in about 30. CAAAARRRRAAAAAZZZZY. She's even done the dishes for me at least once a week. And she hates doing the dishes. Like I said, crazy.

Kyle said...

uhm... I'll take a large two pump double shot mocha machiato latte cappuccino soy skinny on ice. And put one of those umbrellas in it too.

And by the way, I'm glad you found a new adventure. I can't wait to check out Columbiana's finest new dining experience.

HennHouse said...

Kyle: is that your real drink?

Laura: is the cafe going to sell specialty coffee drinks like that?

I am getting SO excited for the opening!

Andrew said...

That cookie monster is funny. Glad to hear you are happy, I can't wait to try all your food and get real fat

Andrew said...

Soy Skinny,,,,,,,,,,,is that even real....kyle your soooooo Starbucks

Laura said...

Yeah, I think that we will be able to have all of the cool in style drinks that Kyle wants. Even thought umbrellas are kinda girly. I'm totally excited to have everyone come and visit and share in the fun with me. I will let everyone know the open date as soon as I do myself!

HennHouse said...

And I can't wait to meet Kyle.

Kimmy said...

Wow, Sam never gets this many comments;-)

Are you going to serve soup? I love soup. Especially potato.

lyndsay said...

you have the best pictures! kyle your a turd! i can't think of anything funny to say next ahhh i'll get back to you